- Our Mission is 'Sharing God's Love in the Community'All Are WelcomeSEPTEMBER SUNDAY SERVICES - 11amSun 6th Sep - Online (see below)*Sun 13th Sep - Online (see below)*Sun 20th Sep - Communion Service please email here to book a placeSun 27th Sep - TBD*ONLINE SUNDAY SERVICESThe service is at 11.00am site open from 10.40am
There are TWO ways you’ll be able to join us:
To join us BY PHONE:
- Call 0131 460 1196
- When you are asked to, enter our Meeting ID, which is 923 461 257, and press the # button on your phone
- Press the # button again, and you’ll be connected with everyone else on the call
To join from a COMPUTER or TABLET (with the option to see others and yourself be seen):
- Click on this link a little before the service on Sunday is due to start: https://zoom.us/j/923461257
- Download the Zoom app, if you’re prompted to do so
- You should then be connected with everyone else on the call
- if you are asked for a password - highlands (lower case)
CORONAVIRUS UPDATETo see advice from the Methodist Church click here, advice from the NHS click here and advice from the Government click here.In the light of the most recent Government advice on limiting the spread of Coronavirus, please note that we shall not be holding any Toddlers sessions until further notice on this website.
Pastor Stephen Mayo
Minister of Highlands Methodist Church
I have been a life-long member of the Salvation Army and for the past 15 years a Salvation Army Officer (Ordained Minister). I have had churches both in South Wales and London during that time.
I am now the Pastor for Wesley, Belfairs and Highlands Methodist Churches, within the Southend and Leigh Circuit, and I am really looking forward to what God has in store for me within the Methodist Church as I fulfil my calling here.
My wife Dani and I, have been married for 25 years and we have 3 daughters, Shannon (21), Megan (18) and Ellie (14).
I enjoy brass bands and have played a brass instrument since I was 7 years old. My other hobbies are walking and camping.
WORSHIP, SERVICES AND FELLOWSHIP
We meet for traditional morning worship on most Sundays at 11am and enjoy tea & coffee together after the service. We'd be delighted if you came and joined us.
The exception is the 1st Sunday of each month. On those days we meet for an informal Café Church, also at 11am.
Visit our Facebook Page here
Crisp Packet Recycling Scheme at Highlands Methodist Church
Please call Julie Peek on 01702 479804 for opening times
In 6 months we have now recycled 52 kilo of crisp packets which is approximately 10,400 packets.
This represents a significant amount of plastic NOT going into landfill so a big thankyou to you all the people who are depositing their empty crisp packets in our collecting box.
Click here for more info
HIGHLANDER MAGAZINEAt Highlands we support a Methodist charity called All We Can.All We Can is a pioneering international development, relief and advocacy organisation that helps people to find solutions to poverty and become all that they can, in order to create positive, long-term change in some of the world’s poorest communities. Find some inspiring stories about All We Can, and about how you can help by using this link to their website.
10:00 Coffee Mornings
09:00 Morning Prayer
10:00 Knit and Natter Group
17:30 Love2sign Signing Choir
19:00 Balmoral Bridge
10:00 Coffee Morning
10:00 Pin Point
13:00 Staying Steady
19:00 Highlands Bridge
19:30 Southend Symphony
14:00 Drawing and Art Classes
18:00 Cubs (Term time only)
19:30 Scouts (Term time only)
ROOMS FOR HIRE
Click here for more details on Lettings